HSE Manager - Houston, TX
Responsible for the management of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Management System(s). Will be responsible to ensure the processes needed for the HSEMS are established, implemented and maintained.
The HSE Manager will adhere to all the DTI HSE policies and report to Top Management the performance of the HSEMS and any improvements needed.
For more information, please contact us at HR@DrillingTools.com.
Return to Open Positions Page
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications relevant to the job
- Setting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills required for the coordination of HSE activities for multiple projects at once
- 5 years HSE Management experience focused on behavioral based culture
- Preferred oil and gas and/or manufacturing industry experience
- Have knowledge and experience in enforcing compliance of Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, NIOSH, etc.)
- Experience in implementation and auditing of management system requirements established by OHSAS 18001
- Experience developing and managing environmental program that meets ISO 14001 standards
- DOT and FMCSA compliance experience
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations
- Implementation and continued management of a behavioral based safety culture
- Implement, review, revise and update as necessary all HSE policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current regulations
- Development and delivery of effective HSE training program to meet compliance requirements as well as best practices for our industry
- Coordinate all required HSE training and proper documentation system to ensure DTI’s regulatory compliance with all applicable agencies
- Participate in detailed HSE investigations and Root Cause Analysis on all incidents, near hits, and / or any employee HSE suggestions, ensure lessons learned are shared throughout the company and corrective action is implemented and effective
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans
- Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management
- Work with H/R to ensure proper records are kept per agencies compliance requirements for all HSE incidents
- Coordinate with H/R on claims management.
- Analyze all HSE items reported on REACT, take any necessary action and ensure each report is closed out when complete
- Implement and maintain a safety, environmental and DOT audit schedule per location, department and/or specific equipment. Ensure audits and any corrective action taken are properly documented, for both internal and third-party audits.
- Maintain Safety committees either companywide or per location to Reinforce safety awareness in a manner that promotes cooperation and improved morale
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Up to 30% travel to other DTI locations for meetings, training, inspections, etc.
- Ability to oversee Safety Incentive Programs
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years college preferred
- OSHA #511 or 30 hour trained
- PEC-Core Compliance Training / SafeGulf / SafeLand Training preferred
- COSS (Certified Occupational Safety Specialist) preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is a product of Drilling Tools International, Inc. and is not intended to list all of the requirements of the job. Some unexpected events may cause changes in normal routine and
therefore job duties.
||25% of the time is spent sitting / 75% of the time is spent standing
||50% of the standing time requires walking around the shop
|Use of hands/fingers
||85% of the time keyboarding
|Climbing (stairs or ladders) or balance
||Rarely climbs stairs or ladders / Balance is required while measuring parts
|Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
||25% occasionally stooping, kneeling, crouching / Rarely crawl
Must able to hear and discern any emergency/facility alarms
Must able to hear warning signals from moving crane and moving vehicles within the warehouse
Must be able to record required information on the required documentation
Must be able to hear and understand or convey instructions or issues
Must be able to clearly focus on the measurements of the tool
Must have clear depth perception
|Carry weight, lifting
Occasionally carries up to 35 lbs
Rarely would be required to lift more than 35 lbs
Crane available for heavier items
||Is occasionally exposed to extreme weather elements; fumes or airborne particles